Virtual Expos is delighted to announce that St. Joseph’s Foundation will be taking part in our online recruitment event for Registered Nurses & Healthcare Assistants on 24th January, 2017.
St. Joseph’s Foundation was formed in Charleville, County Cork in 1968 to respond to the needs of people with learning disabilities, both adults and children. Their mission statement is: “To provide people with disabilities the opportunity to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential.”
St. Joseph’s Foundation is a growing, progressive organisation. They now also provide services in north Cork and southwest Limerick. They employ approximately 380 staff and provide services to approximately 1000 children and adults.
St. Joseph’s Foundation recently opened a residence with an equestrian centre for service users on the autistic spectrum. Based on a farm in Liskennett near Croom, Co. Limerick each service user has their own individual modern living accommodation with access to walks, gardens and the equestrian centre.
To assist St. Joseph’s Foundation build on their achievements they require nurses who have a positive attitude towards working with people with disabilities. They need nurses to support their services users to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential. As a staff nurse in St Joseph’s Foundation, you will lead the staff who report to you and inspire them to support the service users to reach their potential.
- Early intervention comprising of therapists and psychologist
- Holy Family School
- A community service provided by social workers, community nurses and home support workers and pre-school facilitators
- Respite service for children and adults
- Residential service for children and adults, as well as a retirement home
- Various day services for adults as well as units for adults with severe/profound learning difficulties
- Therapy pool and gym
- Restaurant, in the town
- Independent living service
- A farm with individual living accommodation and an equestrian centre for service users on the autistic spectrum
- TESS training centre (Training, Employment and Social Skills Programme)
- FETAC Level 5 Training Programmes in Health Care and Disability Services
Pay and benefits
To support nurses in their daily work, the Foundation provides exceptional in-house training and opportunities for career development as well as an attractive benefits package. This includes:
- Salary per the Consolidated Pay Scales
- National Federation of Voluntary Bodies Pension
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme,
- Free access to pool and gym
Most of all St. Joseph’s Foundation want their service users to have a quality service available to them have staff who take pride in being part of the team providing it.
To meet with St. Joseph’s Foundation, sign up to attend Virtual Expos today.